Sunday, May 8, 2011

To all my moms

I have the best moms in the world! I say "moms" cause I have lots of them. I love them all and appreciate the fact that they have all played a huge role in making me the person I am. I hope that I can continue to grow into the person they would all want me to be because they are all amazing women and all want the best for me.
To my real mom. The one who birthed me. I love you! You are such a rock for me to rely on. I know without a doubt that I can come to you when ever for whatever and you will happily receive me with open arms and something good to eat. I was super lucky as a kid because not only am I the youngest in my family but there are 4 years between me and my closest sibling. I got LOTS of mom time. You took me everywhere. We really were/are best friends. You spoiled me and I loved every second of it! (who am I kidding? you still spoil me) You are so creative, so talented and so.... crazy. I love your craziness! I love that you would come outside and do back flips on the tramp with me and my friends. I love that you came to a soccer practice when I was about 12 and did a flip-throw in and my whole team was AMAZED! Thank you so so much for being the best mom ever. The perfect mom for me.
To my mom #2 (AKA: Gayle) I never had to spend a day of my life with only one mom. You have always been "Mama #2". You taught me how to paint, how to garden, how to eat peas and raspberries by the buckets full! You taught me to appreciate the things around me. To "stop and smell the roses" if you will. I wouldn't see the world.. especially nature the way I do without you. I love you. Thank you for opening my eyes to a world I could so easily have missed. Thank you for your example. Thank you for the awesome person you are.
To Pam. Im not good at expressing things... I don't call you mom, I don't say I love you, I am extremely reserved on most things when Im around you... except for my sassiness... it gets a little out of my control sometimes. But, I do love you and appreciate you. You are such a support to me and I always know you have my back, which is great when it comes to a certain opinionated person I married :) Thanks so much for loving us and being such a great Grandma!
To Mrs. Wendy Lee Pugh (Clark). I cant help it, I always sing your name to the tune of Winnie the Pooh. Its an old habit. You are an amazing women! You have always been such an example of kindness and charity. Im so glad I had the chance to basically live in your home for a few years of my childhood. You had more influence on me than you will probably ever know. When I sometimes needed a safe place to hide, for some reason you always let me hide at your house. Thank you for that. Thank you for introducing me to Les Mis, the oldies station and other fun things that I know my life would be void of without you. Thank you for letting me eat all your food and sleep on your floor. Thank you for raising such an awesome daughter. I needed her to help me through those years. I love you!

There are many more moms I should thank. My sisters for example, especially my sister Amber. She let me tag a long and feel cool because I was hanging out with teenagers when I was so little! She took me shopping when I was devastated about my brother leaving on his mission. She still has a 6th sense about me. She has concerns for me that no one else even thinks of. I have one awesome family and a ton of amazing mothers! For those of you that I didn't mention. I haven't forgotten you, I love you. You all have a special place in my heart and played an important role in my life! I am SO blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I love your mom's too!! They are all awesome women! And your mom was pretty awesome/crazy with all the backflips and front handsprings she could do. If I jump on the tramp now I end up wetting my pants. She is one cool lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so honored to be mentioned with some amazing women here! You are right- you have been blessed to have been "mothered" by your mom, Gayle, and Pam. Three women I gratefully call my friends. Awesome, righteous women. I truly wish I could do handsprings! or grow a miraculous garden! or raise 4 crazy good boys! but I'll be grateful I have the oldies station and my goofy name :) You are welcome to hide/hang out at my house and eat my food anytime, anyday. You'll always hold a special place in my heart. It's wonderful to see the next generation of mothers coming up who are better than their predecessors!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete