Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hipidy hip hip hop

So I did it... I finally broke down and made an appointment with a physical therapist for my little hip problem. I was pretty sure they were gonna tell me it was all in my head and that I was perfectly fine.... Not so much. Turns out my SI joints like to dislocate and move in to positions they aren't supposed to. The good news is that it's a supposed to be a pretty easy injury to heal. If all goes well I'll only be in therapy for a month or so. The bad news is that it has cause my muscles in my back and legs to shorten in order to compensate so I have to retrain all my muscles. I will also probably have permanent damage and will have to do weird hip exercises all my life in order to keep my hips where they are supposed to be. All in all though... I'm so glad I went and I'm on my way to getting back to my old self. Oh and did I mention I love my PT? He told me I could play soccer while going through therapy. As soon as he said those words I knew he was the PT for me ;)
For those of you who don't know (cause I didn't) this is a SI joint...
I have now played two games and a couple of pick up games with friends. I suck and Im slow as all get out but it makes me happy.... after I get passed the frustration of my body not being capable of doing what my head is telling it to do ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment