Thursday, June 12, 2014

Runnin

Andrew and I did a 3.5 mile race in downtown Chicago a few weeks back. It was super fun cause we got to do it with some friends from work AND they fed us some awesome BBQ after! When we signed up for the race we had to put in a goal time for what we thought we could do the race in. Andrew put us both in for an 8 min mile. I thought he was totally crazy. Running an 8 minute mile has never been a problem for me as long as we keep it at that. ONE MILE. Not three and a half! But I decided I was gonna give it my best and just before the race I was finally running 3.5 miles at an 8 min mile average. However... There were thousands and thousands and THOUSANDS of people running this race. Trying to dodge everyone was a joke. Poor Andrew about killed himself trying to make the time. About a week before the race one of the discs in his back slipped, then he had to jump on a plane to Houston for a few days and he arrived in Illinois approximately 1 1/2 hours before the race was to start. Thanks to traffic and parking he arrived at the race exactly 5 minutes before starting time. He hurried and changed and we were off. And by about a mile in... he was hurting. He is a champ though and pushed through it. I came in about an 8.10 minute mile and Andrew was right behind me. Being my first race I had no idea how hard it was going to be to try to weave through that many people. That being said.. it made it way more entertaining! I pretty much hate running so dodging and sprinting and trying not to get trampled made the race go by super fast! Im glad we did it AND we ranked at the top for our corporation! Good times!



No comments:

Post a Comment