Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Greatest Place on Earth

Since I was 3 years old my family has taken a trip up to Flaming Gorge every year. Until the last two years this trip was held over the 4th of July but since we are all older now, with children of our own ( Which also means cousins for our children to play with) we have recently decided to push it back a week or so to avoid crowds.
This place is my idea of what heaven will be like :) A large majority of my best memories from growing up happened there. Every year when we go back its like going home. Its comfortable and safe and has a feeling about it that could never be replaced. I am truly at peace and in a state of totally happiness when I am there.
I will admit though that every year gets just a little harder. Now with two kids and one being an infant this year was a little more of a challenge. AnDee was a mad women climbing everything, trying to drive the four wheelers by herself, playing in mud puddles and picking wild flowers. She was an angel the entire time though. So happy, so easy to please.
We did lots of fishing (which with 13 kids and only about 4 adults who actually know how to fish...was quite overwhelming at times) we hiked, we swam, we rode 4-wheelers and motorcycles, we sat by camp fires and roasted marshmallows, we slept in trailers and tents. Speaking of sleep... I love that my kids are amazing and sleep all night, even when camping. It was 100% fun, 100% of the time. And! as a bonus, AnDee and Pep's Uncle Dyl came with us. *sigh* I want to go back. No seriously... I would live there if I could.
When we went for a hike to Taylor mountain lookout, AnDee decided she was a big kid and was going to hike the whole thing. She just about did too. She probably made 2 1/2-3 miles (uphill) before she finally got on someones shoulders... where she fell asleep within minutes. (note to self: nap time is not a great time for a hike)
So here are an overwhelming amount of pictures. Enjoy?
The first catch of the trip

 Im pretty sure she is reeling in a marlin. look how intense she is!
 This is what Pep and I looked like most of the trip
 Fishin buddies


 Papa teaching Billy the ways of fishing
 Hiking to Taylor mountain look out
 Dyl looking super intelligent in this giant rock chair
 Climbing up the look out tower
 The happy family
 Amber being overly excited about the purple pinecones she got her dad to climb up the tree and get for her. Spoiled. :)
(if you look really closely you can see my dad in the trees. cracks me up) 
 Being a good aunt and holding the baby while his mom plays. Thanks Amber!
 He slightly resembles and old man who has decided to retire on the beach in florida
 Buggy eating her first smore. It was all over in her hair and on her face but her dad cleaned most of it up before I could get the picture taken.
 The growly bear (no seriously, he growls a lot) We called this little bear suit "the sleep chamber" cause every time we put him in it he crashed.

What a blast. Cant wait until next year!

1 comment:

  1. i have never been to flaming gorge, but after reading this i feel like i MUST go. immediately. it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete