Saturday, April 9, 2011

9:20 pm

Within one minute of 9:20 every night my daughter ASKS to go to bed. I started noticing that it was around the same time every night about a week or two ago, so I decided to start making real notes of it. I'm not kidding you when I tell you that every night at no earlier than 9:19 and no later than 9:21 my child says "I go to bed" she then gets up, finds her dad, gives him a hug, sometimes kisses the dogs good night, then walks straight back to her bed and lays down. Within ten minutes she is asleep. How many not even two year olds do that?! Talk about an internal clock! Amazing.
This makes me incredibly happy. You see as a kid I had the hardest time sleeping... For multiple reasons but let's just say that bed time was far from pleasant. I was always scared and upset when I went to bed. So, when we started figuring things out with Buggy, I vowed that sleeping/bed time would be a positive thing for her. I dare say at this point that my methods are working. She even asks for naps. I don't care what anyone says about my methods, they work perfectly for us and I'm not changing a thing! :)

4 comments:

  1. Whoa, that's brilliant! Will you have her teach Emma? We put Emma to bed with the rest of the kids and she still gets up and comes out about 12 times until its almost 9:20. Maybe I should just wait for her to ask to go to bed, then I wouldn't have to deal with the frustration and drama of her getting out of bed a bizzillion times :) Good plan! You have AnDee talk to her when we see you next (some time in July) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't stop there...what are your methods?? Please share the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR METHODS! IT WORKED FOR PRES IN OUR NORMAL LIFE TOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should write a how-to book on the subject if you've really found the trick! You could be a millionaire :)

    ReplyDelete