Monday, April 18, 2016

Pep Boy Turns 5!

Say what?! 5?! How in the world did this happen? As usual... its breaking my heart but I have to admit that I absolutely adore the little man he is turning in to. He is funny. Like super funny. He is a tease. He loves being outside and jumping on the tramp. He is a hard little worker and is almost always willing to do whatever you ask of him. He loves to ride his bike and is just about jumping out of his skin to go fishing now that its warming up. He is particular and unique in the way he does and says things. Its refreshing to see him stand outside the "norm" and be completely confident in it. I simply adore him, even on our hard days.
For his cake this year, he asked for a "Halo" (video game) cake. He wanted it round and chocolate with strawberries in the middle and "with blue".  There was no way in this world that I was going to be able to make this cake completely edible and so I did what I do best... I stuck an action figure on top.

He asked for a bike and a fishing pole for his birthday. He got both but his bike is a little big still so for the time being he is stuck using AnDee's old one. He's a champ though and isn't complaining.

To kick his birthday off Grandma Naugle got us all tickets to ride the Heber Creeper with our Naugle side of the family. Unfortunately Peps favorite cousin Wyatt got pink eye that day so their family couldn't come. But we enjoyed the company of Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Jake and Aunt Raquel and Uncle Stevie. Uncle Stevie is definitely the favorite Uncle on that side of the family so guess who Pep spent the entire evening with?


We hardly even got any pictures. Pep was not interested in hanging out with us because Stevie is much much cooler.

I think the highlight of his birthday was the fact that he got to go out to lunch with just mom and dad AND to a movie (Batman vs. Superman) with just dad. The poor kid hardly ever gets any one on one time and it was so so good for him to be the center of attention for once.
Man I love this little kid! He makes me a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment