Friday, February 19, 2016

Walks with Ike

Walks with Ike are the best. The sun was shining a few days ago. The big kids had gone to do something fun with their dad and Ikey was stuck with me. He had been sick so I didn't want him running around but It was too nice out to not be outside. I stuck him in the stroller and we went for a little walk. We spent most of our time picking up rocks off the side of the trail (me) and then throwing them in to any tiny bit of water we could find (Ike) It was nice to be out but what I cherished most about this walk with my youngest was the conversation.

Ike: "Mom, I see the sun."
Me: "You do? Me too!"
Ike: "Yeah... its right in my face!"
Me: "Yeah..."
Ike: "So.... could you move it?"

and a few minutes later he explained to me why his dad can't eat flour (I thought it was because he has a gluten allergy but I guess I was wrong.)

Ike: Walking down the sidewalk and jumping over all of the cracks
Me: "Don't step on a crack or you'll fall and break your back!"
Ike: "Yeah, like dad. He just step on a crack and break his back. Now he got a hurt and he can't eat flour anymore."

The logic is sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment