Sunday, March 3, 2013

The First Week

This kid is too easy. I keep thinking its a fluke and that he is just fooling me in to thinking he is an awesome sleeper when really its just a cruel joke. He was sleeping 6 hours at a time during the night. He would go to bed at 10pm, get up at 4am to eat and then back to sleep until about 10am at which point I would have to wake him up so I didn't explode. But... as of last night he is sleeping 8 hours straight. Please bless this continues.
The kid is the perfect example of health. He eats good sleeps good and is just happy in general. The only time he really gets upset is when we change his diaper. He doesn't like to be cold. He already has a favorite blanky that is key to his awesome sleeping habits.
His siblings LOVE him and he loves them. In fact, I think he is more comfortable in AnDee's arms than he is just about anywhere else. The girl will sit and hold him for as long as I will let her. We are talking literally over an hour of just sitting and holding a baby. Maybe this is normal for a 3 year old but my 3 year old doesnt generally sit for anything for over an hour straight. She is so good with him and is, as was expect, the biggest helper. She honestly has kept my house clean. I think people think that its me keeping everything picked up and orderly... nope! Its AnDee
Pep has been surprisingly affectionate with Ike too. He loves to give him hugs and kisses and is SO proud when he gets to hold him. He shows him off to everyone he can and has to tell everyone that his name is "baby Ike" Im glad that Pep is such a mellow and forgiving kid. He has had a lot less attention lately and aside from a few outburst aimed at his bossy big sister, he has been very tolerant and accepting of it all.
We are still getting used to this 3 kids thing. This one has been a little harder as far as adjustments go and we have had a little too much yelling and way too many emotional outburst (mostly from mom) but we are getting in to the swing of things. Im scared for tomorrow when Andrew has to go back to work full time. Pray for me :)
Ike turned 1 week on Friday! Its so crazy how fast they change in the first little while. Here are a few pics from his first week!
 Pep even shares his choo choos with him. No one understands how big of a deal that is.


 This baby sneezes more than anyone should have to.





And here he is at one week. He is getting more alert and bright eyed everyday. Love him!


1 comment:

  1. Seriously, he's so very cute! I love the picture of him and AnDee. So sweet! You'll get use to 3 kids. Well, maybe I'm lying, because I don't know if I'm use to 3 kids, but you'll learn how to deal with having 3 kids ;). 3 was a quicker adjustment than going from 1 to 2. You'll do great :).

    ReplyDelete